Saturday 19 January 2013

Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder [Review]

Dear readers,

Originally used as stage make up, Ben Nye's Banana Powder has quickly become renowned thanks to Kim Kardashian's makeup artist, who uses this powder to fix her under eye concealer.

After hearing lots of positive things about it, I trawled the internet to get my hands on this baby. I was also happy to note that it was really affordable! I bought this from E-bay for $8.75 + $4.56 shipping (you can check out the seller I bought it from here) - unfortunately though, the seller has sold out all of these :o( 

There are various sizes available, from the smallest one I got to the larger tub, but I am quite happy with the amount of product I got because I know that it will take me ages to use it all up.

The banana powder is a fine, yellowish setting powder which is excellent for any yellow toned skins like mine - it blends really well. There are also different coloured luxury powders from Ben Nye which you can try if you think that the yellow tone will show up on your skin - which I doubt will.

You can use this powder to set your concealer, highlight your face or as an over all face powder. I find that my skin is illuminated and stays matte all day long thanks to this baby. There's no need to apply a lot - remember that this was originally intended to be used on stage, so a little product goes a long way.

The only downside to this size is the sifter: trying to get the product on a powder or kabuki brush can become quite messy if you're not careful. If you find it too messy, you can always open the containers and put it in a different jar.

All in all, I think this is quite good value for money and it will become one of my favourite loose powders for sure!





What do you think? Are you tempted to try it?

Love,

Lorraine
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Wow looks good! Lovely review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i really want this!hope it goes back on stock soon!

    Bea =)
    dailyivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had wanted this for the longest time ever! You can find it for sale by other sellers, but they're all more expensive than what I've paid for, so better wait :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tempted, this sounds good. And it's a Banana one too, love it x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=